You might have noticed activity has been pretty sparse here on the homepage and in the forum. Is Facebook just easier? I don’t know, but I do know a lot of people are missing out on information when it does go only to Facebook (especially with all the “improvements” Facebook has been making lately). In the next year we’re going to have quite a few things happening for our NW riders. Riders, their families, friends, or just ATV racing enthusiasts and activists should be spreading the word to keep our community “in the know.” Sure you can pick up Dirthweels and read about how every bike is good except Hondas. Or you could visit ATVriders and be bombarded by ads, then read about a trail system in the Northeast, or a new MX series in Texas. That’s just the kind of information you need, right?
My guess is that you don’t actually need to read about Derek Guetter in a shoe ad, or about Arctic Cat’s party in Minnesota, even if the articles are well written and interesting. In fact, I’d say our riders and friends are more interested in the WORCS & ITP results, or maybe information about a new series or a schedule of a returning series. I really can’t do everything myself, which is partly why things have become a little stale around here! I’d like to liven it up a little and provide some better content, and that’s where I need the community’s help. This entire website is maintained for our Northwest racers! We have a lot of talent and knowledge here. Additionally, we are a pretty close knit bunch – everybody sort of knows everybody through someone…sorta. Pit Traffic is here so new and seasoned racers, visitors, spectators, and enthusiasts can find and share what they are doing! It’s up to everyone to help make this community rock! We’ve got the people, we just need a little enthusiasm.
So how can you help build our little NW empire into the rider-centered information hub it should be?
- Can you craft a sentence? Can you put 2 or more sentences together?
How about write a race report or an event report and tell us how it went? See something cool? Wanna give someone props for being awesome or having a great race? Toss a couple paragraphs together, run it through the spell checker, and send it in! It should be longer than 2 sentences though.
- Are you bursting with inside information? Do you have an opinion that you just can’t keep to yourself?
Easy! Write us an article and include the who/what/why/where/when/how and send it in! If you have a lot of opinions, maybe you want a monthly, or dare it be suggested, weekly column? Haters gonna hate, and we love haters around here!
- Ok so you don’t have that much to say, but you did just buy something for your bike! Don’t lie, you’re always buying stuff for your bikes. Nature of the game…
How about a product or company review? We have no real “sponsors” or advertisers here (and our goal is to keep it that way) The closest thing we have is donations from people and companies to keep the site running or for giveaways. Sometimes it’s just flat out purchased for the sake of having a prize for people. So maybe you bought a rad pair of boots and you REALLY want to share how comfy they are. Or you broke something and sent it back to a company that treated you really well. Maybe your sponsors would like to hear a good review of their product? Write it up and send it in! Pit Traffic gets over 1000 unique visitors a month. That’s 1000+ people who will see your recommendation.
- You can’t craft more than 1 sentence or you don’t have spell check?
Not everyone wants to write, and that’s fine. If you have a good idea, but aren’t confident in your word-smithing skills you can always just submit an idea for a story. If you hover over the Features tab up top, you can use our contact form to submit ideas, press releases, volunteer, or just say “I really liked that article on Gummi Sharks for pre-race nutrition.” (You can also email email@example.com)
What else can a person do to help out the community here?
- Get your local promoter involved! We want your race schedule, we want your track’s website, we want your series’ website here!
- Comment – everyone loves feedback! If you wrote an article, wouldn’t you want to see someone read it?
- Take pictures – we love pictures of the races and riders!
- Volunteer – Our POTM & Calendar could use some updating…our race calendar could use some maintenance also.
- Share – click the share links below the posts and let others know about what’s happening!
- Participate – get out there and go racing! There’s no Pit Traffic if there’s no racers!
- Discuss – talk about it in our forum.
Be creative! New ideas can’t always be implemented, but this site relies on YOU for it’s content. Racing and racers in the Northwest still exist, and many people would be REALLY interested in hearing about what’s happening. Let’s provide that resource!